Wednesday 28 July 2010

Breaking Back In


After 20 days of doing nothing since the final day of the Gobi March, I'm back to the trails and training. It's always a bit tough to actually do nothing following an event but then it's pretty easy to just get used to it. Extra side of fries, no problem. Another round at the bar, of course. Eat in, instead of eat out, sure, why not.

It just so happened that my return to the trails fell on a work incentive trip to The Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort in Mexico. Sitting in the lap of luxury surrounded by glasses of champagne and mango margaritas and I'm trying to plan when and where I will get a run in. Don't get me wrong, The Four Seasons is definitely not the Breaking Back Inn or the Broke Back Inn by any stretch so it wasn't too tough of a decision but it was the toughest decision I had to make over the last week outside of whether or not to order an extra shrimp cocktail or not...

Regardless, I got in a few great runs, and a number of barefoot runs. It was great to be back at it but as usual the heart rate spikes up much quicker and the runs are a bit laborious but all in all good stuff.

I'm battling a bit of Montezuma's Revenge at the moment so I'm signing off for now but look for my next post about what I learned in Mexico from my good friend, The Flying Frenchman, Jean-Francois Legourd, that has changed me for the better.

Good running!

Rp

No comments:

Post a Comment